1. Give us a brief synopsis of your latest work.
My latest work is a faction of a dysfunctional family where the mother, Lilly, is the main character, and all that befalls her. She falls in love and has a wonderful marriage, five beautiful children, and then tragedy strikes. The family is never the same. Lilly tries her hardest and her loyalty, resiliency and perseverance keep her moving forward. The love she has for God and her children propels her to withstand all the turmoil. She births more children and the chaos continues. Lilly stumbles upon her youngest child’s diaries and this affords her a unique opportunity.
2. What got you into writing?
I have always loved writing. In the beginning, I wrote to express my feelings and to entertain my children. Over the years this grew into the writing being a necessary creative outlet.
3. What genres do you like to read?
I enjoy reading fiction, crime stories, psychological mysteries. I love the intrigue and the surprise when the ending is not exactly what you expected. Lisa Gardner is one of my favorites.
4. What is your process for developing characters? Do you people watch and base characters off of what you see? Or are your characters complete figments of your imagination?
It varies. I have been presented with enough characters in my lifetime to fill many a book. So I would say it is a combination of real life characters and using my imagination to put them up to all types of scenarios with creative embellishments.
5. How much time and effort do you put into marketing?
I put a lot of time and effort into marketing because that is the main means of getting my writings out there. I would say that half of my time is spent marketing; the other half writing. I am trying to change that, because I enjoy the writing much more.
6. Do you have any works in mind that you’ve not yet written? If so, what are they?
I have a lot of stories I am mulling around up there. I would like to develop the character, Sadie, from my upcoming book and see where else she goes on her journey. I would love to also explore the world of children’s literature. I need to write at least a few children’s book for my 12 grandchildren.
7. If there is one thing that stands out about your writing or your stories, what is it?
I think my style. I think that it is a bit different and I have the ability to really make people feel from my writings. There always tends to be a sense of sadness in most of my writings.
8. What inspired you to write your most recent story?
The fact that so many children experience dysfunctional families. I wanted to draw attention to the dysfunction and the effects that it has. You ask any adult, at some time in their childhood they experienced dysfunction; some worse than others.
9. Where can potential readers find your work?
My work will be available on Amazon.com October 14, 2015 with my first release, 538: Murder, Suicide and A Mother’s Love. Other works of short stories, poetry and blogs are available on my website: http://www.cheryleboyle.com
. I currently have a video trailer available for my upcoming release on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Z9HXtu4XRVw
10. Where can readers connect with you socially online?